In computing at Hillsborough, we aim to impart children with the knowledge of how to use technology in a safe and responsible way independently. We want to develop children’s confidence of engaging with lots of different technology to encourage them to belong to a world shaped by technology. We aim to give them skills that will equip them for life in a digital world!
Our curriculum aims to:
- Teach children about the risks online and how to remain safe, enabling pupils to believe they can use technology in a safe and responsible way independently.
- Develop children’s confidence and competence of engaging with a variety of technology to encourage them to belong to a world shaped by technology, allowing them to gain skills that will equip them for life.
- Engage and enrich children’s experiences in school through digital literacy, ICT and computer science allowing them to become confident digital learners who use computational thinking in an ever-changing digital world.
Our Curriculum Content Includes:
- What is a computer
- Communicating – texts, images, and multimedia
- Understanding and sharing data
- Programming and Computrol thinking
- Online safety and digital literacy
For more detailed information visit our policies page.