Learning about history can be great fun! Children are inspired to research events from the past, learning about people, places and ways of life. They develop great skills and learn to question the reliability of sources.
At Hillsborough we aim to deliver a curriculum which:
- Develops children’s natural curiosity whilst encouraging them to believe in themselves to ask critical questions.
- Gives our children a better understanding of the society in which they belong to and that of the wider world.
- Values the importance of history in the curriculum to support how children can become more confident in understanding the world and British history, and how this has contributed to the world in which we live in today.
Key Concepts explored in History include:
- Change and Continuity
- Cause and Consequence
- Similarities and Differences
- Knowledge and Interpretation
Key Stage 1 Curriculum Content
Key Stage 2 Curriculum Content
- Ancient Egypt
- Ancient Greece
- Stone Age
- Shang Dynasty
- World War 2.
For more detailed information please visit our policies page.