Home Based Learning
We welcome the support that you are able to give your child with home learning, but we also accept that some weekends are busier than others and it can sometimes be difficult to schedule in homework tasks. With this in mind we have devised our 'Homework Menu' to enable you to choose what and when you complete tasks. The menu is in your child's Home learning book and will change each half term. Please select a task to complete each week with your child and return to school for marking. If you require any materials to support your child's home learning please do not hesitate to ask a member of staff for help.
Hillsborough Remote Learning Plan
Staying Safe Online
Children use the internet regularly and may be involved in more online activity than their parents. Some children may have greater technical knowledge than their parents, but they may be unable to identify the risks of giving too much personal information online, and may be unable to spot scams as readily as adults. So take time to get involved with your children’s internet use and teach them about online safety which includes the following.
More detail is on the information commission website https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/online/social-networking/
Staying Safe Online
1) Don’t post any personal information online – like your address, email address or mobile number.
2) Think carefully before posting pictures or videos of yourself. Once you’ve put a picture of yourself online most people can see it and may be able to download it, it’s not just yours anymore.
3) Keep your privacy settings as high as possible
4) Never give out your passwords
5) Don’t befriend people you don’t know
6) Don’t meet up with people you’ve met online. Speak to your parent or carer about people suggesting you do
7) Remember that not everyone online is who they say they are
8) Think carefully about what you say before you post something online
9) Respect other people’s views, even if you don’t agree with someone else’s views doesn’t mean you need to be rude
10) If you see something online that makes you feel uncomfortable, unsafe or worried: leave the website, turn off your computer if you want to and tell a trusted adult immediately.