Religious Education (RE)
At Hillsborough, we foster tolerance and respect through learning about different cultures and beliefs. Religious education is taught throughout school and we ensure that all faiths are studied so that children have a full understanding of different faiths and cultures and have opportunities to discuss a wide range of philosophical ideals in order to develop a sense of self and self-belief.
- Will develop children’s natural curiosity whilst encouraging them to believe in themselves to ask critical questions.
- Gives our children a better understanding of the society in which they belong to and that of the wider world.
- Values the importance of RE in the curriculum to support how children can become more confident in understanding religions.
Key Elements Explored in RE:
- Symbols, Leaders and Artefacts
- Stories, Festivals and Teachings
- Connections and Comparisons.
These aspects have been taken from the Sheffield SACRE scheme of work alongside the 2014 National Curriculum.
For more detailed information please visit our policies page.