At Hillsborough, we have developed a Science Curriculum that equips children with the knowledge and skills to support a future in Science. The curriculum aims to:
- Develop children’s belief in themselves as scientists, by instilling excitement, curiosity and the confidence to question and explore the world around them.
- Give children opportunities and experiences to develop their critical thinking and understanding of the physical world that they belong to.
- Ensure children can develop scientific knowledge, conceptual understanding and the skills needed to become successful and passionate scientists.
Science is taught on a weekly basis and topics have been carefully linked to other curriculum topics, where possible, to provide an immersive curriculum.
Foundation Stage and Key Stage 1 Curriculum Content
- Animals including Humans
- Living things and their habitats
- Seasonal Changes
- Materials and States of Matter.
Key Stage 2 Curriculum Content
Learning continues to be developed from Key Stage 1, and new topics are also introduced:
- Forces and Magnets
- Earth and Space
- Evolution and Inheritance.
For more detailed information please visit our policies page.