Music at Hillsborough is taught as a discrete subject but also across the curriculum. Areas of learning, such as timetables in maths, vocabulary in languages, and movement in dance all incorporate different elements of music.
Our curriculum aims to:
- Allow children to believe in their musical abilities, show “risk-taking” behaviours by trying out a new instrument or song and believe they can become confident performers.
- Show pupils that they belong to a global community. They will explore music from their local community, their country and other countries around the world. Children experience listening to music from different cultures and eras. They will be learning to belong to a world-wide culture.
- Children will be become confident performers, they will become able to participate in a range of musical experiences, they will become a young musician.
Our Curriculum Content Includes:
- Listening – sequence of sounds pieces of music
- Musical Vocabulary
- Composing and Improvisation
- Reading and Writing Music
For more detailed information please visit our policies page.